Monday, October 20, 2008

Stuffed Pepper Lovers...Enjoy!!



I had this soup at a restaurant the other day. It was so great, I just had to figure out how to make it. This recipe is pretty close and super easy to make. Tastes Just like stuffed peppers!

Stuffed Pepper Soup

1 pound ground sirloin, 2 green bell pepper, chopped 1 cup finely diced onion ,1 clove garlic, crushed, 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes, 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth, 1 (14 ounce can) beef broth, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne,salt and pepper to taste, 1 1/2 cup white rice, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.


In a large stock pot brown ground meat. Drain fat and add pepper and onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent, not letting them brown. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, rice, seasonings and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until peppers are tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

My name is April. said...

I want some of this now! But it's nice to think that I can eat some in 3 weeks. WooHoo! Bring on the second helpings!

Tracey said...

Um! I'm a friend of Aprils. I will read your blog!