Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's That Time Again.

Yesterday, the radio station I was listening to flipped the switch for all Christmas music. As
"It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas" filled my ears, I instantly felt my spirit lift.

It seems like the "pomp and circumstance" of the holidays creep in earlier and earlier every year. Halloween costumes share the isle at Walmart with Christmas decor and the trees at the malls are up and decorated long before our Thanksgiving menu is even planned. I know it makes some people crazy, but I think WE NEED THIS !!! ..... now more than ever.
Those songs, the beautiful decorations and even the smells of the season have an amazing way of warming hearts. It even softens how we react to the cold weather. Who can help smiling at the beauty of the first snow fall.
We are reminded of how much we love and appreciate our friends and family and how grateful we are for our many blessings. Our focus is brought once again to the foundations of our faith...what we believe and what makes us who we are. It seems that people are more likely this time of year, to think of others before themselves and goodwill is more the rule than the exception. What could be better for us right now?

So I say,

"Welcome Christmas! Welcome Hope, Peace and Joy!!"
Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some very good thoughts to think at this time. Thanks for sharing!

Momma Amy said...

Agreed! Well put. I love the Christmas season and all that comes with it. It does often affect people's behavior, for the positive. So, Bring It On! :)